Friday, February 13, 2009

#119-365 Gatherings

Just playing "Catch-up" Guys, this photo made me feel like I was taking snaps for Stephen King, the reason being that this is less that 5% of this girls collection of Cabbage-Patch Kids, she has so many that she is selling of a few duplicates of the less important ones (I think to finance her addiction) I mentioned the moral issue of selling ones children, but her father (my mate who owns George the Bubble Dog) said he wished it was allowed as he had to put an extension on the house the C.P.K.

No honestly she is (almost) normal other than this affliction and her connection to her father, and she has a wonderful mother who one has to feel sorry for.

Beware The C. P. K. are Gathering!

For those who assume this is a young girl (Wrong) she has a son about 10 years old and there is so much money in CPK that it is her retirement plan, rare ones are worth a fortune.

18 comments:

Debbie said...

For a moment I thought they belonged to you! That would be so neat! There were 3 cabbage patch dolls in this house once!

Anonymous said...

That's a store-load full of dolls, for sure. Maybe she can sell them for a profit to finance her higher education...

Bo

Anonymous said...

That is some collection, those dolls have always given me the creeps so your Steven King reference was very apt.

Anonymous said...

What a unique interpretation of gatherings! A neat shot of a patch of Cabbages!

Sheila said...

Wow - I've never seen so many in one place. Nice capture to get the group that you did! Great colors too.

No CPK in this house!

Candyce said...

lol this brought back memories I had about 16 of them as a kid but I gave them away - that is an impressive collection!!

Anonymous said...

Nice take on the theme.

Linda S said...

Nice take on the theme.

Chesney said...

LOVE this! I can remember being a pre teen standing in line to get one of these! when I picked one out some lady started hitting my mom w/ a purse to get it - and now look, you can have your pick....
Great image!

PatB said...

What an excellent collection and you did well with the composition to show them off to an advantage.

.. hope they are still worth lots of $$$ when she hits retirement age. :)

Esther said...

That is some collection! I have 3 daughters and am glad they never wanted one of these. When they were first out everyone went crazy trying to find one at Christmas.

terricreates said...

Well that is um something....is she in the Guiness Book for CPKs? Great shot though.

Anonymous said...

I always thought those dolls were kind of creepy and seeing so many in one spot is even creepier. Great job on the photo!

SysterLilli said...

I remember those cabbage patch dolls. I thought they where creepy then and to see so many in one photo does not make them less frightening. ;)
But it is a great shot!

Lorri said...

Great shot and, yes, they are a little on the creepy side. Especially in quantity! I gave a couple of porcelain Cabbage Patch dolls when I moved last year. I should probably caution the recipient that she may have the beginnings of a retirement account in her closet.

Anonymous said...

That's a bit freaky........
But a nice shot, all the same!

mljrbg said...

Great shot. I thought you were in the doll section of a store!!

Edmund said...

I just knew it, I swear I did, Ron the C P K collector. Great shot