Friday, March 13, 2009

#265-365 Rural

Another shot taken on my trip South to Sydney, this was taken close to the Queensland - New South Wales border, not sure what side, but I wanted a shot of the land that encompassed, the oncoming wet weather that had been forecast.

I love the amount of country this illustrates and the depth given by both the clouds and the cloud wreathed hills in the distance. I am always amazed that the image I look at in the LCD, while pleasing is so detailed when you get it in the computer. I suppose it is a case of good eyesight but I am in awe of those that edit in camera, my LCD and failing eyesight wouldn't turn out as satisfying results as I get the conventional way.

Having said that I have benefited from viewing their work in so far as I think I have become better at composition and DOF, well at least in some of my work. Hope you enjoy an Australian scene that I wish to hell I had the talent to paint, I am sure it would be an interestin painting.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the landscape, the color, the composition. That mountain on the right looks pretty rugged. Cloud-clad mountains is the icing on the cake. I'd like to know what all those small "trees" are. You may not have seen all of this in your LCD, but I'm glad you captured it like it is.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - I love the wide expanse that give such a sense of open space. I'm getting way behind on commenting as a busy life gets in the way but fear not - I haven't disappeared!

Clara said...

Great landscape, Ron. I am really enjoying my tour of Australia. I look forward to your pictures.

Chesney said...

I am in awe! Stunning!

Anonymous said...

This is a great shot Ron. Those mountains and that sky are gorgeous. I can almost see the grasses swaying in the wind. I'm with you on the painting thing, but we can do the same thing with our photos!

Edmund said...

Ron, Don't worry when your eye sight gets as bad as mine they have "Brail Buttons on the newer DSLR's for senior citizens. That what I use. Great shot, looks like there may be some interesting hiking trails to check out.

~Val said...

I really like the perspective on this...the sweeping foreground leading off to the distant mountains.

jen said...

i have nothing like that out my back door. lucky you.

DART said...

I love it too! All the different layers and colours...wish I could paint too! : )

Lena Ohlén said...

Nice scenery! And as I live in Sweden and never hav visited Australia, is is even more interesting. I will return and look at your pictures in the future too.

I want to ask you one thing about the picture. Is the ground leaning a little, or did you lean the camera a little? I dont experience the scenery as calm as it would be if the ground would be horizontal. You use some program in your computor to turn the picture some degrees.
But perhaps you wanted to show the picture exactly like this.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ron for the tour of Australia. One thing I learned in my last photo class was that landscapes need a "focus". Something that draws your eye to it. I also learned that horizons should usually be level. I find it hard to do in the camera. I fix all my horizons in Photoshop.

Anonymous said...

Really great landscape shot, Ron. I want so much to visit Australia and really, really hope to some day! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Ron, you have done such a nice job on this landscape. I hope you plan to frame and hang it somewhere special. You live in such a beautiful part of the World.

BobbieCoughlin said...

What a wide and abundant landscape!