Thursday, October 29, 2009

#140-365 Handwriting

Snapped this postal contractor as he was delivering hundreds of handwritten (and typed I suppose) mail items to the large transfer box for mailmen to pick up and do the local deliveries. I then asked him if it was okay. He said that he didn't want his face shown or to be ID'ed but mainly wanted to know why?
I explained that I had only ever seen Red and more recently an Occasional White contract vehicle, to match the official Livery (See the Post Box), he then turned and looked at his bright Yellow Van, laughed and said, "Never gave it a thought, my last five vans have been Red, just bought this on price, Ha!" He left laughing and I got a fairly good contrast shot, and maybe the Post Office could look at changing their Livery.

4 comments:

lijola said...

Oops! Caught you stretching again-does anyone really handwrite anymore? HAHA. Just kidding you. This was a nice take and I do like the colors - very cheery.

~Val said...

I'm not sure I would have paid much mind to the color of the vehicle - great idea and it really does go nicely with the mailbox!

Chesney said...

None of my letters are handwritten, matter of fact, I never get letters, only bills - LOL

Anonymous said...

Nice color contrast!