Tuesday, March 17, 2009

#086-365 Environmental Portrait

Okay some times I take small, slight, little liberties with the theme subjects, but hey ya gotta get lucky some times - right!
This time I did in spades, a portrait is a head and shoulders photograph of someone (Check) Environmental seems to mean looking after the environment (Check). So an Environmental Portrait has to mean a head and shoulders shot of someone who is doing something for the environment.

This is Bolo, he is part of the Taronga Park free flying demonstration that you have heard me talk about, admittedly he only has a small part in the show, but he is the understudy for the Galah, who takes money from, customers and sadly for the attendant returns it. Well Bolo has learned half of the trick but pleaded that he wanted to do his bit for the environment. And he does at the end of the show people line up to try and help him get the trick right, by handing him a gold coin, he seems to mutter something like dumb Galah and drops the coin into a box raising money for the protection of Birdlife in the wild.

Hey that is all the criteria taken care of - When I am Good - I am EXCELLENT, just ask Sally, no on second thoughts delete that last bit.

16 comments:

jo said...

As always your comments are half the fun. Nice shot, but the bird looks like it's giving you the raspberries.

mljrbg said...

Where's Sally? I need to chat with her!!

I'm not sure I really should be complimenting you (just kidding?)but this is a fabulous take on the theme. Fun photograph and a wonderful story with a great ending.

barbs said...

Very funny interpretation Ron. Actually I like this picture. The bird is so cool and you did a good job getting the details in the pic.

Chesney said...

How can I get a hold of Sally, hmmmm....:)
Creative take on the theme and what a cute critter!

Katie said...

Very ingenuitive take on theme. I like it and as always thanks for the explanation!

Debra said...

I think you nailed the theme wonderfully! He is very interesting looking bird with those lovely white ears.

Anonymous said...

Cute story Ron. And the image is really nice - the depth of field draws the attention to the subject perfectly...

Anonymous said...

What a pretty bird! And smart, too. I hope he raises lots of money for the cause. Did you give him a big modeling fee? This is a great shot for the theme!

Anonymous said...

Hey - did I miss the memo? You and Tammy both posted bird shots today. This one's a winner! But I could hear Sally giggling in the background... I think she needs to start posting like my husband does, so we can get her true input (unedited too!)

Anonymous said...

Very cool photo, Ron. Would you happen to know what type of bird s/he is?

Anonymous said...

Well, it's what YOUR interpretation is, so this is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Isn't this fellow wearing ear muffs? I do like those white rings around his body, which match the white ear muffs. And he seems to be doing his little part for the environment.

Nice photo Ron. And as usual, nice commentary.

Clara said...

Excellent photograph, Ron. Great clarity and detail.

Anonymous said...

I'm chuckling, Ron .... chuckling!

Candyce said...

did you say something to offend the bird...no just teasing love hte colors

Edmund said...

Ron, I got lost what's the theme? Great shot, great detailed instructions on why you can hand pick a theme and not stretch it a bit.