Sunday, September 20, 2009

#035-365 Bridges or Tunnels

Earlier on in my Fireworks shots I mentioned the Storey Bridge where the main emphasis of Riverfire was centered. I wasn't able to see this bridge from my vantage point but thought you might enjoy this as a little interlude before the fireworks related shots start to roll out again.

This is one on my Pseudo HDR shots (Thanks Jeff) and I hope I am getting a little better at toning down the effect. I find this shot pleasing and soothing to look at almost as if I was trying to recreate Huckleberry Finns View Point, another of my Heros along with Peter Pan and the Monkey King.

12 comments:

lijola said...

Sky is really fabulous. Think this is your best HDR to date. It really is almost 3D (to me). Good job!

Esther said...

What a layout...you have the foreground with the palms and wall, the middle ground interest of the boat, and the far side of the bridge. All of it fits just right in the focus and extra boost of HDR...(not too much...)

Anonymous said...

Looks so idyllic with that pretty park and the paddle boat. How long did you have to wait until it was perfectly positioned? It's perfect the way it's moving into the photo along the sweep of the river, leading your eye right to the bridge.

Anonymous said...

This one is swell, Ron. I like your composition, the shades, textures, colors and layout. Your faux HDR is much better in the toning. Lovely lovely shot. Makes one want to visit that site. :D

But, right now, you need to go visit my site. I have something there for you. :D

Anonymous said...

Very strong image - looks like a sorta pop art painting!!

Debra said...

Love this shot. Looks like it would be a fun trip on the river boat. Great processing!

Chesney said...

This is one stunning image -love those intense colors! I think you are getting this technique down perfectly!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice shot and processing...how are you attaining the HDR look?

Clara said...

The HDR worked very well on this. The colors are beautiful.

BobbieCoughlin said...

Phenomenal lights and colors!

~Val said...

Have to echo my kudos over the processing...this is a great shot for it!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful scene. Such vibrant colors.