Wednesday, July 1, 2009

#343-365 Unfinished

How would you like to see the Largest Office Tower in Brisbane, well you can't - It's Unfinished (Go back and read the Theme Title), it won't be completed until 2011 but you can sign a lease NOW!

They are already flogging it and the foundations aren't in yet for the Trilogy Towers. Two things annoy me about this (Okay more but I am only going to bring up TWO) Firstly the building next door has an abundance of office space to lease and a re doing "Fabulous Deals" (Their words not mine) If I was looking for office space I could move in tomorrow, not have to wait two more years, maybe I should plan ahead.

The second and Major gripe is, when that building finally gets off the ground, so to speak, how will we see that wonderful church building visible to the top left of shot, I honestly do not think that these Glass Citadels have anywhere near the visual appeal of old buildings, they should not be allowed to hide that type of beauty behind impenetrable glass. That gives rise to the problem of what did they knock down to dig that hole in the ground. In taking the shot I had my back to the old Customs House which had sadly been renovated into accommodation space, but at least they kept the facade. (Oh, Oh that's three - I'll get off the soap box now and get outta ya hair - HooRoo!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not going to get into Brisbane's urban planning strategy, but have to remark on all those fantastic reflections in your derided glass buildings. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I do hope you are going to get some closer shots of that church in the background too! My first apartment in Manhattan was on the 28th floor and had a wonderful view of the east river... until they built a high-rise right across the street. Good use of the theme once again.

Anonymous said...

Yeah - better capture that wonderful building back there before its too late!!!

Chesney said...

When the new tenants are able to move in, there will be a bigger and better one and they will be disappointed (I see that all the time w/ the new construction homes).

Anonymous said...

It's awful when tall structures are built with no regard for aesthetics and the city landscape. When in San Francisco, we were in a park on top of Russian Hill - the view to the harbor was completely blocked by only one large strategically placed modern apartment tower.

Anonymous said...

Great shot for the theme, but I'd wait until it was finished before I sign the lease. lol

mljrbg said...

You'll probably never know the true answer but you have photographed what is there now beautifully. I sure hope to see some photographs of that beautiful church.