Friday, November 6, 2009

#203-365 Numbers


This is a culvert near where I live, and walking past there one day I caught sight of dozens of swallows darting in and out of this space, then they would fly the length of the small canal in front of the culvert, skimming over the surface of the water, then back into the darkness.
These things are fast and try as I may I could not capture a group in one shot to show their number, so I have blended birds from five separate shots to manufacture this shot. please bear in mind that it was hand held, I am quite pleased with the result.

3 comments:

lijola said...

These are hard to photograph...your solution of combining several photos into one was great. Good job.

Pennyz Image Inn said...

Awesom job editing so we could get the full effect of what you were seeing. Nice Job :o)

Chesney said...

I am pleased w/ your result too, this is really a great capture! I wonder what is hidden under there, that is your next assignment - swim back there please and take a pic! :)