Wednesday, March 25, 2009

#244-365 Public Transportation

Listen you lot, Sally is my Lady not my artistic advisor like you all think, she isn't the one out there in the trenches working her finger to the bone to bring you all these magnificent photos, she just gives the occasional suggestion that I may or may not comply with. See who wears the pants around here.

Now that we have that sorted, I will point out that this is ALL MY OWN WORK! This is a shot of the main depot of a local Bus Company that primarily links Redcliffe Peninsular with the Northern Most suburbs of Brisbane and generally shuttles people around those Northern Suburbs as well as taking up the shortfall created by the inadequate funding of our State Railway System, by the Queensland Government. I bet Queensland is the only state in the world where the government lets down the people, who elect them into office, where their pay keeps going up and up, while our services keep decreasing at a seemingly corresponding rate! (That's another rant taken care of!)

I chose to feature the Kangaroo Bus Line for Public Transport, because they are obviously leaps ahead of mobs like Greyhound Buses, (You may have heard of them). I was tempted to centre on Circular Quay as it incorporates, Bus, Ferry, Taxi and Train transportation, but decided to go for the Local Approach instead, mainly because the company stepped in and filled the gap rapidly, by investing big bucks to fill the gap left by Government fiscal cutbacks to rail services. "They" have been promising Redcliffe a Rail Service for over 40 years now, that topic raised its head during the recent election that returned the incumbents (alas). So now we will have to wait another three or four years to hear of it again. We will never get it but rest assured we will hear of it again, Trust Me! (Goodness even I sound like a politician - quick shoot me - Sally put down that gun!!!......

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you're standing on the boundry because after your stint as a bus driver you're not allowed any closer to a public transit center than 100 yards. Or maybe they had just booted the ranting lunatic who was carrying on about the government? Alas, it seems your government in Queensland does not have a corner on the market when it comes to poor management, but don't get me started on our multi-trillion dollar deficit where our tax dollars are being sucked from our pockets to fund bonuses for failed executives... now we're both ranting - don't let Sally shoot me too! Oh yeah - I came here to comment about the photo! Nice composition - it has a pleasant feel about it with the linear elements of the bushes and building roofline.

Anonymous said...

Didn't know bus issues could do that to people. Sounds like the politicians need to take a long bus ride off a short pier.

Candyce said...

lol ummm you didn't show Sally that post yet did you? lol nice composition in this photo.

barbs said...

Not the only politicians who are totally self centered and incompetant. Look at our federal government. Any way I like the picture. very simple and graphic looking.

Clara said...

Ron, I look forward to your post every day. I feel good that America is not the only place that has troubles with politicians. I love the name of that bus line . . . Kangaroo.

Chesney said...

Wow, Ron, I feel you are a bit on the defense! Poor Sally! LOL Hey, I do have to say you even did a great image (and theme) all by yourself! Work well done!

Anonymous said...

I like the shot too. Nice that you didn't shoot the building from a straight on view in order to include the bus on the side. I must admit though that the name of the bus line conjurs up some interesting mental images for me...

Lorri said...

Nice illustration of the theme and, as always, I enjoyed your commentary!

mljrbg said...

I love the name of the bus line. Oh...and it's a nice photo too!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mary Lou on the name of the company! Love the angle you shot it at and love the straightaway! Great shot!

DART said...

Kangaroo Bus Lines--> you know you're in Australia when...

I may even know my way around when I get there after this year of photos from you! *smile*

SysterLilli said...

Nice shot Ron! :)
The politicians should take a bus ride to... and never come back. They will never learn and too few have been out in real life.