Monday, November 30, 2009

#243-365 Public Art


Okay here is one straight out of Left Field, This sculpture (Is that the right word) sits in the middle of a round-a-bout in The Rocks area of Sydney. You can see the old stonework behind the piece, and behind me as I shot this is the renovated Wharf area that is now so trendy. What I need from you lot, before you get too far into the Egg Nog Swilling Season (and become Silly), is an explanation of what the hell the artist intended. I have never claimed to understand art, nor have any type of talent in this direction, so please tell me if this is ART or just a derelict car that someone has secured by placing a Bloody Big Rock on it.

6 comments:

lijola said...

I'll vote for art, but I do like your explanation better!

Anonymous said...

I sure can't help you out!

Chesney said...

I think I like your explanation better (and that was BEFORE the egg nog)?? I guess it draws attention!

Anonymous said...

Very funny - the artist definitely has a sense of humor!

Brita said...

I vote for: just a derelict car that someone has secured by placing a Bloody Big Rock on it. It cannot be anything else.

Anonymous said...

Don't you own a red car Ron????
That would be no joke!