Saturday, August 15, 2009

#330-365 Time

Possibly a slight stretch for the theme, but others do THAT, why shouldn't I. Yes it was a 25 second exposure that is made evident by the lines left by the aircraft taking off and landing at Brisbane Airport across Hayes Inlet. It was a mildly interesting shot when I first processed it, I had intended to use it for this theme then, but being the type of person who believes that TOO MUCH of anything is never enough! I decided to have a crack at the Jeff Perry Psuedo HDR Effect, which not only brought out these magnificent colours (No it didn't look like that - IT WAS BLACK) but it also showed another Distant light trail that I had not seen with my own eyes nor was it visible in normal processing, I am learning to love the unexpected. It is just above the plane taking off to the left and I saw NOTHING! I also adore the colour and hue taken on by the dust covered bluestone of the breakwater. (Bridge construction has covered a lot of this area in fine dust but rain will disperse it with time - another part of the theme).

13 comments:

Lorri said...

Very nice interpretation on the theme, Ron. I like the plane streak in the sky--at first I thought it was a meteor tail given the recent visibility of the Perseids.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful effects Ron! Love the deep blue of the sky and the the way the rocks seem to be glowing. Also those lovely reflections in the water. I've taken photos that when I downloaded them, the are things that are visible with the naked eye.
Some of those things were a little unnerving too!

lijola said...

Colors are a-m-a-z-i-n-g in this photo. The pseudo-HDR really brought out a lot. (Thanks for sending me the tut - it'll be posted under the artificial theme, next week, I think.)

Livet på Citronodlingen said...

wow, the rocks looks like they were covered with gold dust!

~Val said...

Wow, Ron. This is really stunning!! I see no stretch to this theme...it took TIME to expose and TIME to process. I think you are well within the theme!

Anonymous said...

This one looks really cool. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

Upon enlarging, I notice you captured a good many stars as well. I am astonished you captured any what with so much city light.

This is a great photo. Love it. I like the light reflections on the water and the expanse of the city lights. The plane taking off was just an "extra." What do you think made the other light trail? And what is making that larger light over the building on the right? Large enough its reflection is in the water.

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

I try not to explain too much as the mystery for me is in what I see not what was there. However as Iona asked the diagonal light trail on the left is a plane taking off, the horizontal(ish) one above it is the one far out to sea that I never even noticed, the smaller more intense light trail to the right was a plane that came in from the sea then banked before approaching for a landing.
The bright lights reflected in the water below the two light trails are the port lights of the Brisbane Port authority at Fishermans Island. I however don't worry about such stuff and just love it as a Landscape painting created by Ron - So There!

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Very nice Ron :)

Chesney said...

I would never stretch a theme (LOL), but wow, I can see why you wanted to show this off! Vibrant and beautiful! You did good! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful colors you've captured! Best use of the HDR to pump the colors so far - it really works in this one.

Anonymous said...

I love it that you are having so much fun playing with processing!

granny said...

Like this one Bro