Sunday, March 29, 2009

#179-365 Magical or Mystical

Something Magical just happened, Everybody knows of the trouble I have been having with the WoW (Witches of Westwick) faction, well the powers of GOODNESS and NICENESS must have been listening.
We had to move the bookcase, so I had to unpack and later repack the books, and as I was sorting them into some sort of order in putting them back, I came upon this book which has apparently appeared MAGICALLY in the bookcase. I say magically cause although Sally says she feels as if she must have bought it (for me) She never showed it to me as I had never seen it before. So I am of the opinion that "Merlin" sent it to help in the endless struggle against these women of power.
I mean look what happened to him - he has been imprisoned underground in the Powys area of Britain, to the North East of Wales, since his attempts to establish the "Once and Future King" were foiled by a skein of these women of power. Thank heavens that he was watching from the living tomb in which Vivian sealed him. Merlin with his vast power, reached out to help another in mortal peril.
I will need to study closely the words of power and learn again the things men have forgotten, in the ancient tongues, so that i can weave around myself a protective mantle capable of warding off the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune these foes have hurled against me - I shall Prevail! The struggle will be long but there will be no surrender, I will fight them on the beaches, I will fight them on the shore, where ever I am assailed.

(The main photo is an amalgum of three pages from the book the cover of which is shown in the second photo)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice story to go along with your image. sometimes it's amazing what you can find when moving something or cleaning up a little. well done on capturing the theme nicely !

DART said...

I believe you are now in for an enchanting evening! *grin* Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Ahh-ha-ha-ha-ha... Tammy's little deceptive ploy worked! Her book of "charms" landed exactly where we planned. Now you'll be thinking you have protective spells - little do you know that every time you try one you'll find it backfires. The funny little itches, the warts that appear, the little twitches... If you don't believe me just try one! A valiant effort, truly a good try Ron, but we will prevail!!! Nice photo though so at least some good is coming to you by way of the book.

BobbieCoughlin said...

My father was of the opinion that King Arthur had returned to save Britain--he had taken the form of Winston Churchill, and Excalibur was turned into a cigar.

barbs said...

Ron, maybe you are destined to have magical powers. Do you really think Sally would have forgotten to show you this? I don't know but I'm beginning to wonder!! Nice picture and it looks like a gorgeous book. Treasure it.

Anonymous said...

Not sure if I like your photos or your stories better. Either way, great entertainment and always interesting. Creative approach to the theme.

Sunny said...

A mantle of protection against women? How's that working out for you?
(You'll never win! HA! HA! HA!) (But have fun trying!)

Chesney said...

I am laughing my bottom off! :) Remember, the "man" may prevail in the first book, but there is always the sequel where the WOW's come BACK!! They always come back....

Anonymous said...

Nice choice of a shot for the theme. Hope you read the book and enjoy it too.

Rachel said...

Beautiful book. I wish you much luck with the magic part, but I don't think I'd bet against the WOW!

Linda S said...

It sounds like your wife buys you so many gifts you can't remember them all. What a lucky man you are! The photos of this book are awesome.

Edmund said...

Ron, If your nose starts to get longer when you spin your tails.....watch out the mystical powers turned around 180. Nicely done. I don't think you can even think of winning ... all these women, deceptions and next who knows. Hurry read the book before its too late and rub your lamp.

Debra said...

Great find! Looks like a very beautifully illustrated book. And I love the stories.

Anonymous said...

Those pages are beautifully photographed....they have a bit of an ethereal feel. Great shot & hope you get some 'magick & enchantment'!

terricreates said...

This looks like a cool book, will have to check it out and see if its in our local library.

I should have said it on my blog but the eagles you saw are "rescues". To my knowledge neither of them fly normally. They are in a very large fenced in naturalized area.

Clara said...

All of the above, Ron. That is a beautiful book and a great story.

Kathy said...

Women will always prevail hee hee...Great pic for this theme!

annalarssonphotography said...

Beautiful book! :)
Now you're in for some enchanting evenings!

Lorri said...

Lovely photo, Ron, and--as always--great commentary. You don't stand a chance, of course, against the higher forces but have fun playing!

SysterLilli said...

Wow, what a beautiful book and amusing story.
Have you really never seen this book before? Well, I wonder. ;)
Good luck with the magical part. Protective mantle? Nice try but a complete waste of time. The higher force will always win. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice photo and great story!