Friday, January 23, 2009

Fence Update no photo.

Bobbie asked how long this fence was and I honestly hadn't checked, so I just went out and paced it, (did thousands of miles walking with a map and compass in the Army so give me a 1 or 2% margin for accuracy) by my estimate the fence is

Entire Length: 1,100 feet (Two corners of the property)

Length Photographed already: 400 feet

Amount Decorated since shoot: 65 feet

So they have been busy over the holidays, but I don't intend doing anymore shoots until they have at least had the chance to complete the section that they are working on - from what appears to be a work driveway down to the main entrance gate. Then I will attempt to resurrect my old Sony digital movie camera and produce a clip if I can find someone here or in the village to help me. It might be a long way down the track but for those interested it might be something worth waiting for. Isn't it silly but just the thought of doing that has made me all goosebumpy like a kid on Christmas Eve. If I do this I will offer the rights and the opportunity for commentary to the Ningy Ningy people or just post it as a silent movie. My stories would be too much and I might get things wrong.

One sad point though is that in walking the fence I noticed that some MINDLESS MEDIOCRE NON-ENTITY has tagged the fence so if I post another shot of the fence it will be because I have caught the MONGREL doing it and I will PUBLISH his/her Face on the World Wide Web, and leave it up to the fates and or to the local equivalent of the "Kurdaitcha Man" to take care of them in the dreamtime manner.

Just wanted to clear up the point of size of the project and reiterate that it is definitely a "Work in Progress"

Ron

5 comments:

Esther said...

Oh no! Not a graffiti artist! This is too beautiful to deface like that. What kind of video do you capture? Wish I were closer, since I do video editing.....

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em, Ron!

Quite a project, wouldn't you say. How often do they do this?

BobbieCoughlin said...

Thank you for putting things in perspective for us.

I am truly sorry about the idiot who can't tell art from ego.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe someone would do that! Mindless is putting it mildly! Go for it!

Madelaine

~Val said...

That makes me so angry - and so sad...

Thanks for the update. I hope you catch the little (bleep)