Friday, February 27, 2009

Free add for Alibony's Emmense Talent

Yes this was posted as 108 for sale and if you go to that #Number in my theme list it will bring up the original which I am not going to delete, I was rapt in it for a first try, but Karen (Alibony pointed out a couple of little faults, AND THAT IS WHY WE ARE HERE, at least I am. I made contact to thank her and she promised me a video Tut, and boy has she come good. Here is the link to here latest post which includes the video.
http://www.alibony.com/video/video-lesson12.htm

Enlarge this have a good look at it then go to my 108 theme and enlarge it and have a good look,
for those of you who know how to replace boring sky effectively, congrats for those like me (Until now) who didn't here is a powerful weapon.

To do the job I did on the first try I added layers decreased opacity tried filters a whole heap of rubbish. With this one I just did what Karen said (Aren't I a good Boy?) and look at the difference. If you look at both and don't say WOW at the difference contact me quick I know a good optometrist who might be able to help.

And for the rest of you knowledgeable people who see mistakes in my photos LET ME KNOW!
if you can tell me how to fix it, doesn't have to be as professional as Karen's Tut. a simple "Take off the Lens cap Dummy!" will do!

This afternoon I am a more accomplished photographer than I was this morning Thanks to ALIBONY THE GREAT

16 comments:

Ms Katy said...

I cannot believe the difference! And I thought the other one was OK! You did a super job on this and after looking at the first one, I see that the crosses on the roof look better too. I must check out the video! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ron! Thanks for the plug. I like the dramatic sky you put in this one, too.
KarenB (alibony)

Linda S said...

Learning a new skill is a great feeling. Keep having fun.

Anonymous said...

Nice shot and good story (with the original). Yet, the sky is a bit over dramatic for my tastes. Not that I'm jealous or anything of your new-found talent! :D

Anonymous said...

Wow! I do have to say, Wow. I really liked your original 'photoshopped' sky, but this image really pops, doesn't it? I'll follow Karen's video too.

Chesney said...

I need to look at Alibony's tutorial! This is fabulous! Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Well, I see Guideline #8 Have fun and learn something has been adhered to! You should be happy to have added to your photo editing tricks.

While I think that you did a great job here with Karen's help, to me the original drab sky wouldn't have been out-of-place in your story-telling image. After all, the tale of a vacant, unneeded convent is a sad story, not vibrant and dynamic. But since you have decided to snazz the image up to a higher level, I would consider making it into an architectural shot rather than a story-telling shot by cropping the for-sale sign and the brick wall in the near foreground and converting it to black & white. But that's just me! ;-)

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Julie that is the type of comment I was looking for with a lot of my shots. Thank You, I had a slightly different slant on it and although I accidently chose a slightly different and more dramatic sky for this fix to my eye it worked better, because as the arab speakers say "Inshalah" or it is god's Will. and the light beams seem to give his blessing, to the sale. Well that is my interpretation of the shot.
Ron

~Val said...

Wow - I'm off to check out that vid! I liked your first effort but this one really jumps off the page. Well done!

Debbie said...

Yup there is a big difference in the quality of the two pictures. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

The first photo was wonderful but you've turned it into spectacular with Karen's tut. I'm going to have to try it out! (Thanks Karen!!)

Anonymous said...

A fitting tribute to Alibony and I like what you've done. I need to check out the video and improve my own skills. I'm thinking we need to see an example of the same shot with Julie's processing suggestions too.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful snap and great story too.

annalarssonphotography said...

I like the dramatic sky too! :)

You questioned me about how I got the effects on my shot 'Thankful'. I played around with my Digital Photo Professional program and tested what I actually could do and it ended up like this :)
I'm no expert at all - but i'm curious and in this case, it turned out great!
I'm up to learn Photoshop CS4 for the moment.. I'm just gonna work with my patience a bit first! ;)

Happy weekend to you!
/Anna

Brita said...

What a difference and I like the dramatic sky.
I'll follow the video too. Thanks for the link.
Thank you also for your comments when visiting.

mljrbg said...

What an incredible difference. Karen sure has some great tuts. We are fortunate that our Blogmonster has some very knowledgable and experienced photographers/teachers who are willing to share their expertise with us.