Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ref Things that Go posting! Email contact.

As I stated yesterday I received an email from one of the crew members of the all female crew of that vessel who are actively raising money for kids with Cancer, and she gave me permission to post her email here.

"
Hello
Great shot of the South Passage on her way in the Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race - I am a team member and really appreciate seeing our boat from a spectators point of view.
We managed to secure second place in the Cruising Division and celebrated in Gladstone on the Sunday morning. We had many beautiful moments with dolphins, sunsets, sunrises, squalls, clouds etc, some caught on camera, others imprinted on memory only.
Thanks for raising awareness of our cause - Redkite. We are still fundraising until May 9th so if you or your friends or many fellow bloggers want to help this wonderful cause just go to
http://runmelbourne.everydayhero.com.au/womenrace4redkite Everyday Hero web site to make a donation - I am team member Dee Reeves [BabyWooWoo Pty Ltd] - any support no matter how small is appreciated by the team, Redkite and the families involved.
Also, If anyone wanted to use your photo or get a copy what should they do.
If you want a chance to get some good on board shots next year before we take off just email me a month before Easter and I'll arrange for you to get access to our team on board the boat.
Thanks again
Cheers
Dee
Deirdre Reeves
BabyWooWoo Pty Ltd
P O Box 1158
Sunnybank Hills 4109
Email dreeves@qinnov8.com"

She says that she will pass my offer to supply this and some other photos for the organization "Redkite" to use as they wish, not as good as Aussie Nan but I am nearly as proud, that someone other than "Us Challenge nuts" have noticed my work Yippe Yai Yay as Roy Rogers would say.


6 comments:

mljrbg said...

That is fabulous Ron!! How exciting to be invited on board next year. That is such an honor.

Just curious...how did she find your blog?

Chesney said...

Isn't it cool when others (besides the Systers) notice your work! And what an offer about seeing it close up and personal! I am impressed (and our pelicans didn't even intercept this e-mail, hmmmm)! Congrats on a great image!!

barbs said...

Oh Ron...This is great. Your hard work and storytelling has paid off. How great to be invited on board and recognized for your photo work. Congratulations to you. I will make a contribution to this org-it seems so good with nice people.

Anonymous said...

Good on you!

MevetS said...

How cool is that! Invited sailing with an all girl crew. I am so jealous.

Anonymous said...

I see the WoW Systers are not the only ladies to recognize your talents and charm.