Sunday, October 25, 2009

#032-365 Boy

(THIS IS A REPOSTING AS IT ISN'T ARCHIVED CORRECTLY)

AGAIN it did not register as a posted item. Anyone who has encountered this hassle and has been able to fix it is asked to email me with the answer as this makes 3 out of 297 published themes that you can't access and I want them all available, Blogger haven't answered my queries on this so please someone help me fix it the genius' at Blogger can't)

Just up from the Hand sculptures I found this delightful sculpture of a young boy apparently being harassed by a large bird with a smaller bird between his feet, it wasn't clear if he was defending the small bird with the ropes whipping around his head or just driving off the bird which was protecting it's young.
The figure stands outside an Italian restaurant attached to the Marriott Hotel, also on Queen Street Brisbane. I apologize if the work seems hard to discern but the figure is anatomically correct and a front on view may have offended some. As you all know I am a Gentleman (As defined by Oscar Wilde - Who said "A Gentleman is one who would never offend, another person's sensibilities - Unintentionally) So if I can't offend you all I'm just not going to do it.

2 comments:

~Val said...

What an interesting piece of art. That big bird would scare me in real life. Sorry you had so much hassle posting it, but it was worth the trouble!

tterlyn said...

This is a fun shot, and we are sure you are a Gentleman.