Saturday, November 28, 2009

Some more Kakadu Birds


The first bird is a common cormorant and looks pretty similar to one I photographer in Humpybong Creek down here in Redcliffe, just a whole heap less rotund. It was the first bird I snapped at Yellow Waters, drying himself on some watergrass beds, if you enlarge you will see the water under the grass. He was right near where we boarded the Tour Boat and was still there when we came back over 90 minutes later. The second bird although of the same family is not a cormorant, I am assured that he is in fact a Darter and is more closely related to the Asian Snake Bird, than the Cormorant, in any event both great fishermen who work dangerous waters as I will show in coming posts.

4 comments:

Chesney said...

they are both just sitting there posing nicely, are you sure they are not tied down?? LOL More fabulous catches!

lijola said...

Really great shot of the cormorant with spread wings! I haven't been able to get one of those.

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful birds, Ron. All your Kakadu shots are very interesting. Sounds like a fun adventure.

MevetS said...

Sweet shots. The second is especially nice.

I think I'm gonna have to put this place on my list of places to visit.