Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Last of the Bird specific Kakadu Shots


These are Jacana - or Jesus Birds - So called for their apparent ability to walk on water, they seem to be every where, and don't even seem to be scared of Crocodiles as I saw some run right over the backs of some - I'm too old to have got those shots of course. The shot I did get and am very proud of is the second one, showing one stepping off the lily pad and straight onto the water grass just below the surface, I just love the spread of those toes, show just how the magician does it.

5 comments:

Brita said...

Love the second shot! Incredible toes indeed and how wonderful to be able to see them for real. Awesome!

Chesney said...

Now these are incredible shots (of incredible birds) - I have never heard of these! The second picture is definitely an award winner in my book!

Clara said...

That is a great bird and your second shot is fabulous.

lijola said...

That second photo is totally amazing. What great timing!!

MevetS said...

I'd be proud of it too. Nice shots.