Sunday, December 6, 2009

Some random shots of Darwin - Interesting I hope!





Here are a few of the sights that make Darwin special for me, the first is a plaque commemorating the raid on Darwin that was so reminiscent of the attack on Pearl Harbour that I mentioned before, and makes Feb 19 special for me! The second shows the quirkyness I love about Darwin, It is the official Clock in the main Gallery of the Northern Territory Parliament, when I asked the security people if there was any significance in there being no numbers on the dial, the first two answers were, "We of the Never Never don't need numbers to tell the time" and "I think it is set to Dreamtime (The Aboriginal Creation time)" then the lady security guard looked at me in a puzzled way and said "In five years here - No one has asked us that" feeling that I had just been tagged as a "Person of Interest" I got outta there Lickity Split!
The last photo copntains a lizard which is a resident of the garden of Parliament House, and I just know he isn't a politician he is just so hard to see.

(Okay a small hint, he is centre of the photo head near a green leaf)

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Ron,
Great shots of Darwin!! I like that clock, it's pretty. And the lizard is awesome! Have a great evening!

Sherrie
http://sherrie-myphotosgoodorbad.blogspot.com/2009/12/258-of-365mot-higher-education.html

Ms Katy said...

Very interesting! And great photos too. I so enjoy every one of your pictures of your part of the world!

Chesney said...

It sounds like you may be just quirky enough to live in Darwin, LOL! I found the lizard (finally)!

MevetS said...

I'm liking my virtual tour of Darwin, enjoying all your images.

And the "dreamtime" story is great.