Tuesday, June 2, 2009

For those who saw Evil in the Poinsetia

I was a bit taken aback by those of you who found the Poinsetia shot to portend some feeling of evil so I went back out after the rain and took a couple of Macro shots this was taken at ISO 1600 at 1/160 sec exposure at f/11, focal length 195mm. Something I was trying as I had read something about DOF that I wanted to try out.

As it came out the colours were outstanding although the image was a tad grainy for my liking and was only marginally improved by the unsharp mask. I will continue to fool around with it and a few others but thought you would be interested in the result of running it through Wendy's Orb, which to my eye gives the yellow flowers a definite evil tinge.

9 comments:

barbs said...

Cool effect. I never heard of this one but then again I am cheap and don't buy actions just try to figure them out myself. I like this though.

Chesney said...

Your creativity is coming through - this is awesome, and love those vivid colors!

mljrbg said...

Gorgeous colors. They actually look like peppers!!

Clara said...

That does look sort of evil, Ron. It's very original though.

Anonymous said...

What a super absract you've pulled out of that shot - very cool! Dare I say Artistic?

Linda S said...

Very cool and I can't figure anything out, so I love ACTIONS

Esther said...

Wendy's orbs really can take a person by the throat and not let go...until you try one on every photo you have, that is. Very addicting!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I love Wendy's Orb!!!

BobbieCoughlin said...

Now, you see, to me, this looks a whole lot LESS threatening than the pointsettia flower. Maybe because it doesn't show those evil eye things in the middle. This reminds me more of a kaleidescope or a merry-go-round: happy comforting memories.